College Track volunteers create meaningful relationships and provide mentorship to high school and college students committed to success.
"I keep coming back because of my relationship with the students. When you see students feel like they're really accomplishing something, there is no better reward." - Carole N.
"The students are just an awesome group to work with - very motivated to learn, very motivated to grow. I'm not just saying that; that's the truth. I want to be like them when I grow up." - Maurice A.
"The staff is the most cohesive, open staff that I've ever worked with. The goal is clear and there's clear communication about how to achieve that goal. I like how much respect I'm given. My skills are acknowledged and I'm given space to use those skills." - Eileen P.
Both ongoing and one-time volunteer opportunities are available at College Track, most of which happen Monday through Friday between 4 and 7 pm.
- Tutors: Our students consistently rank tutoring as their favorite part of College Track programming. Tutors work one-on-one and in small groups with students on study skills and core high school subjects, from Math and Sciences to Languages.
- Case Manager: All College Track students set high expectations for themselves. Sometimes, managing all those goals can be pretty stressful. If you enjoy helping students achieve their academic and personal goals by discussing challenges and planning strategies to overcome them, this position is a fit for you.
- College Advisors: Over 90% of College Track students will be the first in their families to attend college. College Advisors help students navigate personal statements, transcripts and scholarships by guiding them through the college application and financial aid process.
- Workshop Instructor: As an Academic Workshop instructor, you can lead lessons in core high school academic subjects. As a Student Life Workshop Instructor, you can engage students’ creativity with subjects like dance, photography, and spoken word poetry.
- Career Host or Guest Presenter: Our students are eager to learn about all types of careers and the paths to get there. If you are passionate about introducing students to your field of work, you can make an impact on your community by sharing your knowledge as a guest presenter or hosting a company tour for our students. These are both one-time volunteer opportunities.
- College Success Mentor: The first two years of college are a crucial time for students to get on track to graduate. College Success Mentors work with students in their first two years of college to help ensure their success. To specifically apply to mentor a college student, sign up here by April to be considered for a position starting the summer of the same calendar year. Contact Sergio at
if you have interest outside this application window.
- Other: Have another great way you would like to volunteer with us? Let us know! College Track is always looking for innovative ways to support our students.
Want to learn more about our volunteer opportunities?
Please fill out this VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORM and our staff will reach out to you shortly with details about the next volunteer information session.